Back to Uni Style 'Then and Now' with ASOS

8 April 2016



Hey loves!

Today I've got a super fun (albeit a little bit embarrassing for myself) post for you! I recently teamed up with ASOS* on their Throwback to School campaign to give you guys some outfit inspiration for your return to study!

I'll be honest, up until quite recently, I used to think 'buy heaps of new trend pieces' was the way to go. As a result, I picked up a tonne of things I hated and that never looked good together, and my style suffered.



Exhibit A - My 'go-to' look for university back in 2014. Oh, dear. I guess it could be worse, but I never felt comfortable in this playsuit - the crazy patter was too much for me, I don't like orange on myself, and it wasn't well made so didn't fit comfortably.

Of course, I've learned from past mistakes, and my style has come a long way since then! I now invest in pieces that can work with a wide variety of other pieces in my wardrobe, and tend to stay in style. I've put together two simple, cute outfits that I would wear to uni now as a bit of inspiration for those of you about to start or return to uni (or even school, for those of you lucky enough not to have a uniform)!

As you can see, and as anyone who has been following my blog for a while now will know, I have a thing for black, white and grey. I just love the neutrals - they're classic, never go out of style, and always look good!







The first look I've put together is super casual, super comfy, and totally long-day-at-uni appropriate if you ask me. I've gone for a pair of ASOS' White High-Waisted Ridley Skinny Jeans*, which are seriously the comfiest things ever and soo flattering on. I was really scared of ordering jeans online due to sizing and all, but they fit absolutely perfectly (I bought a size W26L32 for reference, so they definitely fit true to size) and paired those with this Cheap Monday Logo Tee* (one of the many awesome brands stocked by ASOS) tucked in for an effortlessly cool everyday look. I also added this cute ASOS silver bracelet* which is quite simple and understated so it suits any look (and is totally my kind of jewellery). Of course, I had to round up this look with my Converse Dainty All Stars in black - as you can see I've gone for total comfort, without giving up on style.







The second outfit is this super cute, simple and comfy roll-neck knit swing dress*. It's actually from the brand New Look, which is one of the many brands stocked on ASOS. I threw on my ASOS bracelet* (again) because it just adds something to any outfit, so cute and simple. I've also got my everyday black mini-heels/sandals (probably not the right words but let's just go with it), which I wear with pretty much everything, haha. ASOS actually has a bunch of similar shoes that are totally affordable for you to check out if you want to try out this exact look for yourself!

ASOS has some really great, affordable and fashionable pieces for students and with a 10% off student discount, they're a really great option when shopping for you back to uni wardrobe! I hope the outfits I've put together have been helpful and given you some inspiration for your back to uni looks!

I've also put together a capsule collection of pieces you can find on ASOS that are totally essential for a laid-back but still stylish uni wardrobe below. Remember lots of these pieces can be mixed and matched to create so many new looks (which is what I'm all about, and is great for those of us on a uni student budget)! I especially love the range of jeans and backpacks available on the site!



Items: 1. Cheap Monday Logo Tee / 2. Pieces Tara Bracelet / 3. ASOS Shopper Bag / 4. ASOS The New Forever Tee / 5. ASOS Woven Harem Pants / 6. Ridley Black High Waist Skinny Jeans Shredded / 7. New Look High Neck Knitted Swing Dress / 8. Ridley High Waist Skinny Jeans White / 9. Adidas Originals Drawstring Backpack / 10. Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars Black

2 comments

  1. I love the cheap monday shirt

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, and the fabric is so soft and comfy! Thanks lovely x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Latest Instagrams

© Chontelle Louise. Design by FCD.