NEW ADULT BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ

2 October 2022




I've been an avid reader since I was a kid, there's just something about the way a book can draw you into it's world, make you connect with the characters and their lives and emotions and have you laughing, crying and reeling with every word. While I don't read as often as I used to or would like to, the growing popularity of the 'new adult' genre - which is perfect for people like myself who are in their 20's and not quite ready for classic adult novels, but have outgrown YA - has been refreshing and exciting, and has really caught my attention and made me want to read more again!


I made a resolution to myself earlier this year to start reading more, and while I didn't quite keep that resolution at first, a recent work injury that's had me holed up recovering at home was the perfect opportunity to finally get to all the books I've been wanting to read! And believe me when I tell you, you NEED to check these out (if you haven't already). 


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

While Colleen Hoover has been trending for a while now (and yes, I did end up reading her bestseller 'It Ends With Us'), I'd been umm'ing and ahh'ing about grabbing one of her novels - that is, until I saw Ugly Love. I didn't even check out any reviews or anything, I was drawn to the cover, picked it up to read the blurb, and I was sold. I don't know about you, but I love a brooding, mysterious, sexy male lead, and Miles was definitely all that! The secrecy of Tate and Miles' non-relationship and all the back and forth and indecisiveness was frustrating but exciting, and there were definitely some great saucy scenes thrown in there *wink*. This book was honestly amazing, and it's up their as one of my all-time favourite reads! 


The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

I actually read this book maybe a year or two ago now for the first time, and I fell in love. Yeah, it's a little (okay, very) cheesy, but it was such a cute story with so much tension between Lucy and Joshua - which always makes for a great romance novel, in my opinion! The little games they would play, the bickering, the competition, the way they so clearly liked each other despite acting like they hated each other - I'd be constantly thinking to myself 'JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY'! Overall, a great read - and while there's mixed opinions on the movie (and it definitely differs a lot from the book, which was of course better), I'd say it's also worth a watch!


Confess by Colleen Hoover

This was my second Colleen Hoover read (I'd gone to buy It Ends With Us but it was sold out, and I needed another fix - this one stood out)! I feel like this one is super underrated compared to her other novels, because it's honestly one of my favourites! It's got tragedy, romance, drama, mystery - as well as a major element of domestic abuse so be warned if that may trigger you - but it was just such a well-written book with an interesting storyline, loveable main characters, and I loved the ending so much! This one's definitely worth reading, trust me!


It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

The bestselling novel that people can't stop talking about - I'll admit, it caught my attention, but I didn't buy into the hype until I'd finished Ugly Love and was like, 'okay, that was amazing, I need more of this author'! And she delivered! While it still doesn't compare to Ugly Love (imho), I can certainly understand the hype! I couldn't put this book down, I was so invested in Lily's story, her past, her and Ryle's relationship, and learning more about Atlas and their story along the way. There's definitely romance in this book but I'd say it's more heavily about domestic violence - so a trigger warning to readers who may not be up for that! I actually had to put the book down after a certain part towards the end as it was too much for me, but I skipped ahead (bad reader habit, I know) and will definitely be sure to finish it before the release of 'It Starts With Us' later this month. While it's an emotional AF read, I definitely recommend checking this one out!


Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

An office romance between a well-loved, intelligent assistant and her (beautiful) bastard of a boss? It's a classic storyline, albeit cheesy as hell - but that's why I love it! Chloe and Bennett have that lust/hate, push/pull tension going on from the start, and while there isn't really much going on outside of their office antics and hot hookups, this one's definitely very steamy and x-rated, which is part of what makes it a great guilty pleasure kind of read! Plus, it's just the first in a series of steamy romance novels from the author!


xx Chontelle Louise

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Latest Instagrams

© Chontelle Louise. Design by FCD.