Celebrating Twenty.

8 August 2016

                


Two weeks ago now, I celebrated the end of my 'teen' years and entered my twenties. It doesn't feel any different, although my last few birthday's haven't seemed as 'big' and 'important' as they used to when I was younger. However, the presents are always pretty great! Haha.

Nonetheless, my birthday only comes around once a year and I wanted to do something to celebrate! I didn't have a party or anything, but I spent some time with friends and family which I honestly would prefer over a big party any day!

I celebrated in a few small 'doses'!

The first, a week before my birthday, was a trip to Max Brenner in South Bank with mum. I didn't want a cake or anything, and while we'd thought of having dessert after my birthday dinner, we didn't really want anything that particular restaurant had for dessert. So, we separated the two, and ended up doing Max Brenner first! This was actually my first time at Max Brenner, despite the chocolate restaurant's popularity! I'd wanted to go for ages but honestly, I couldn't justify it - until it was for my birthday that is!

We just got the Fondue for Two - which had milk chocolate and dark chocolate, and strawberries, banana, marshmallows and banana bread for dipping! - and a hot chocolate for myself and a milkshake for mum. It was delicious! Seriously, if you haven't already, you need to try this place (or something like it)!







Then, the night before my birthday, mum took me for my birthday dinner at our local Groove Train. For those of you who don't know, Groove Train is a casual kind of restaurant with a pretty affordable price tag (main meals averaging $20-$30) that actually offers a wide selection of menu items ranging from pastas, pizzas and nachos, to fish & chips, steak, and Asian curries and noodles. Seriously, there's something for everyone! After sharing a starter of a selection of Eggplant chips, polenta chips, calamari, chorizo and bruschetta; we moved onto our mains. I went for the gnocchi with added prosciutto as suggested to me by the waitress (since it's usually expensive to add, however it was my free birthday meal so why not?!), while mum had battered fish and chips.








Then my friend Meg took me out to the Valley for my birthday! We went to Prohibition first, where they had $1 pizza (and it was massive pizza, just look at that slice)! If you're ever in Brisbane, definitely check out Prohibition. It's such a nice and classy club, with great music, and you need to see the bathrooms (just trust me on this one, talk about luxe)! We also went to Birdees for a short bit, before heading home!




And that's how I celebrated my twentieth birthday, I hope you enjoyed this little snippet into my life!

xx Chontelle

2 comments

  1. Happy late birthday. That pizza is huge!

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, looks lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Latest Instagrams

© Chontelle Louise. Design by FCD.